1 1/2 lbs. Ground beef
1 Cup Yellow onion (chopped)
2-3 Garlic cloves (chopped)
1/2 tsp. Sage
1/2 tsp. Thyme
1/2 tsp. Rosemary (optional)
4 Tbls. Butter or vegetable oil
2 Tbls. Flour
1 Cup Beef stock
Salt and pepper to taste
4 Cups Mashed potatoes
1) Melt butter in a large
skillet and stir in the flour.
2) Cook for a few minutes stirring until mixture is smooth and blended.
3) Slowly stir in the beef broth and continue cooking and stirring until gravy is thickened, about 5 to 8 minutes. (If you are in hurry, use a prepared gravy).
4) Add the rest of the ingredients, except the mashed potatoes, and stir to mix well.
5) Put mixture into a 2 quart casserole and spread the mashed potatoes evenly on top of the casserole.
6) Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 40-45 minutes or until meat is bubbling hot, and the mashed potatoes are browned.
"Slipped my tongue, in
someone else's pie.
He turned green, and tried to make me cry.
Being hungry, it ain't no crime."
-Keith Richards, "Coming Down Again" (Goats Head Soup)
Last Updated: 12.01.16